Companies I've worked for
I’ve done cross company collaborative projects with Blizzard, WB, Disney and the Linux Foundation
Hi, I'm Joshua Rainbolt. I'm a Senior UX designer at AWS GameTech and am one of the creators and inventors behind Open 3D Game Engine. I hold several pending patents for game engine related technology in areas of Physics, Game Objects, and other complex interface designs.
You might have also used my designs before if you have interfaced with Amazon Locker (Hub). This locker technology for picking up and dropping off packages can be seen all over the world. I was one of the designer who help launch this technology from the very beginning.
Tell me a little more about yourself.
I’ve been working in the visual design industry since the early 2000’s,
I’ve had the opportunities to participate in a variety of types of designs. This includes web design, application design, mobile design, (VR -limited), animation, 2D/3D games, motion capture, simulations, Interior design, eLearning
- Creating and running an open source UX community – Current UX Chairman – Chairman of a SIG-UI-UX group.
- Created, maintain, and established all the rules of engagements, of the charter.
- Built, established, and publishing a UX design system with my team (BlueJay design system).
- Lead design workshops
- Run product initiates
- Hire, manage, mentor, and train other designers.
- Create public articles about UX activities and updates
- UX research (User interviews, Surveys, A/ B testing)
- Create Interactive prototypes
- Established product direction (Project management skills)
- Given leadership presentations (SVP, VP, product teams)
- Conduct and host customer interviews
- Manage and maintain the UX needs and requirements for all UX related tickets.
- Inventing new features. Currently, holding patents, and several pending patents.
- Established and hosted several interns and their projects.
- Participated and run in the classroom learning experiences.
- Created free digital content for the community.
Over the past 6 years, I’ve been able to help guide the UX direction for several major portions of the following applications
- O3DE (Games /Simulations / Robotics / VR)
- AWS VAMS
- Amazon Locker
- Amazon A to Z (employee),
- Amazon Connection
- Amazon Stocks
Get to know me
Outside of work and being a design. I’m also a father to three and a husband. I also enjoy the following passions
- Digital and Physical art
- Crafting/building (physical design)
- Interior design
- Game design
- And drums in a past life.